Everyone knows that keeping a clean and uncluttered home is vital to our well-being. A clean home offers peace of mind, is healthy for children and pets, and is conducive to practical living. The next time you need professional cleaning, consider consulting Carpet Cleaning Camarillo.
However, most people would agree that having a clean home is becoming more and more difficult due to an ever-increasing workload. In the race to keep up with lifestyles, many of us are neglecting our carpets.
In reality, a carpet wash should be performed monthly to eliminate unwanted bacteria from your home – but because we live such busy lives, this task is often pushed to the side.
These are some of the stain types:
Feces has a highly pungent smell that is difficult to get rid of. The following are some ways to get rid of feces stains:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of dishwashing soap, 1 tbsp white vinegar and 1 tsp lemon juice in a bowl. Apply the mixture and wait for 15 minutes before thoroughly cleaning the area.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp baking soda, 1 tsp dishwashing liquid and 1 cup water in a spray bottle. Apply this solution and scrub gently with a toothbrush until it is completely removed. Because this method may cause discolouration, be sure to test it out on an inconspicuous spot first.
Urine stains usually have an extremely pungent smell that is difficult to get rid of. The following are some ways to eliminate these stains:
- Mix 2 tbsp of dishwashing liquid, 1 tbsp white vinegar and 1 tsp of lemon juice in a bowl.
- If you own a steam cleaner, fill it with hot water mixed with ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide. Vacuum the mixture until the stain is removed before thoroughly cleaning the area.
Grass stains usually disappear on their own if left alone; however, you can speed up this process by applying white vinegar directly to the stain and scrubbing it with a toothbrush. It will enable you to remove stubborn grass stains within just a few minutes!
Makeup stains are difficult to remove because they usually contain pigments that provide foundation, blush, and lipstick with their colour. These types of stains can be removed using the following method:
- Mix 2 tbsp of white vinegar in a bowl with 1 tbsp dishwashing liquid until it becomes sudsy.
Bloodstains are relatively easy to get rid of but may require multiple applications to remove all traces. Here are some quick tips:
- Mix 2 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide together with 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Apply the mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before thoroughly cleaning the area.
- If you own a steam cleaner, fill it with hot water mixed with ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide. Steam clean the area until all traces of blood have been removed before thoroughly cleaning the room.
In a nutshell, knowing the different types of stains helps to remove them using home remedies is highly beneficial. By applying these stain types to your carpet, you will effectively reduce the time spent on getting rid of stains – which in turn, gives you more time to do everything else you need to do!