Many people believe that fences can diminish the curb appeal of their property since they block the view of their beautiful garden and all the colorful plants and shrubs in it. However, fences are in fact an amazing design element since you can customize their type, design, color, and decoration to improve the overall look of your property. If you are not sure how to incorporate the fence in your property to blend with the overall look of your property, we recommend you hire an expert to help you. Simply search “fencing company near me” to find professional fence installation experts that can guide you forward.
Aside from consulting an expert, you can read below to understand how easy it is to construct fences that match your home’s architecture and improve the curb appeal of your property.
Here are a few reasons why your fence is an amazing design element:
1. You can choose the fence type and customize the design – The type of fence you install in your property and its design will impact the exterior decor of your property. Fortunately, you can build a fence with many different types of materials and customize the look in a variety of ways to match the overall decor of your property.
Some of the most popular fence type and how it impacts the home decor is listed below:
- Wood fences – Wood fences are pretty common since they offer a classy look that matches with a variety of home decor styles. However, they are most suitable for achieving a traditional, warm, and welcoming look. Wood fences can be customized into many different styles since you can choose the wood type, design, quality, and more.
- Aluminum and wrought iron fences – Wrought iron and aluminum fences offer a more modern look and can be customized to look ornate, contemporary, and stylistic. It offers a clean and simple look that looks neat and allows you to flaunt the beauty inside the fence boundary since it is pretty easy to see through such fences.
- Stone fences – Stone fences offer a regal and formal look and blend really well with rustic decor type. Stone fences also look very traditional, sturdy, and classy that are suitable for old and large properties.
- Vinyl and PVC fences – PVC and vinyl fences offer a mix of traditional and modern look. They are quite easy to maintain and have a long lifespan if you maintain them properly.
- Natural fences – Natural fencing includes outlining the boundary of your property with trees that grow tall and thick, color shrubs, and flowering vines. It’s ideal for properties that are in a good private neighborhood so that security is not a concern and allows you to maintain a completely natural and eco-friendly look.
2. You can mix and match the fence with many different color options – The color of your fence is an important design element because depending on the intensity, it can make your garden look smaller or larger. Plus, the color should either blend with the landscape or highlight the important elements in it. Lastly, you can pick the color to match the style of your home decor, for instance, a modern or traditional look.
Here are some of the most popular fence colors and how they impact the decor of your property:
- White – White is the most suitable to achieve a traditional look and it’s perfect for gardens with colorful plants and flowers since it allows the colors to really pop. And you can achieve a more cohesive look if your house has a white trim as an accent on the exterior.
- Black – Black is the most suitable color to achieve a more modern look. In fact, it acts as a neutral color that acts as a great background for your plants and foliage to shine and attract attention. You may believe that a black color would look a bit intense but that’s because it is edgier than lighter colors.
- Natural wood stain – Natural wood stain is the ideal choice if you want to achieve a more natural or rustic look. A benefit of choosing natural wood stain is that it comes in a variety of shades such as dark brown, clear brown, etc. and this allows you to customize the look a great deal.
- Gray – If you cannot make up your mind, you should choose gray since it’s the classic neutral that matches well with everything decor style ranging from traditional to modern look. Plus, you can choose between gray stain and gray paint too.
- Blue – If your home is flooded with neutral colors such as white, gray, beige, and other softer colors, you should pick blue to add visual contrast.
3. You can customize the decoration on the fence – You can decorate your fences in a variety of ways to customize the look of your property. For instance, you can hang string lights, hang flowers in upcycled wooden frames, and attach many different types of decorative objects such as sculptures of animals and flowers, and art elements to express your personality and flaunt your stylistic choices. In fact, you can even paint a mural if you like.
Some people like to turn the interior of their fence into a wall shelf with herb garden while others like to stack window boxes. You are only limited by your imagination when it comes to decorating your fences. Thus, fences are an extremely important design element in your property since it allows you to do so much and unleash your creativity in unexpected ways.
Now that you have learned how fences can be customized to pull their weight as an excellent design element, it’s time to install them on your property. This can be a very hectic job, but a professional fence installation expert can take all the workload off of you. You can easily find fence installation experts in your locality by searching “fencing company near me” on Google.